Suffrage!

Suffrage!
I think this sums up everything!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

One Down, Four to Go

I have completed the impossible. I have taught three different classes today, with one great lesson, from a great lady I know. It went really well. The students are responding to the material like any other unit.

HOWEVER, one of my classes was SO engaged today. I was blown away with how smart and awesome they are. I cannot even tell you how bad I thought it was going to go. I said "suffrage" and their faces dropped. Then I gave them a comprehension test, the handouts, they read and did a worksheet. It was pure magic. They were roaring through this content and asking some amazing questions. I love them.

My other two classes were not as equally engaged, but I still brought enthusiasm to the table. Just in case. At the end of the day I know that I am doing the right thing. I am teaching them what needs to be learned, I am loving it, and I hope they all love at least one of the five lessons. I don't care if it's not until next Tuesday, but I hope they do.

The best part of all, is at the end of the day, one of my students said I did a good job. And he said he likes me teaching, because I am so enthusiastic. Well, fyi, I love that you came to class and didn't complain about all the work I made you do.

Good day, great lesson, nervous for the formal observation tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad it went well! It always gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling when students really get engaged. You'll rock your observation tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete